StephleHardi
2022-07-06T13:03:33Z
Just a small suggestion

I noticed that the text displayed when evoking RequestCellToolTipText, RequestColHdrToolTipText or RequestFooterCellToolTipText has a duration of about 5 seconds

Sometimes the written text may take more than 5 seconds to read. (Even if the goal is to make short messages)

It would be nice to be able to determine the exposure time. (e.duration = )

What do you think of that?

Stephane Chabeau
France
Igor/10Tec
2022-07-06T14:58:29Z
iGrid creates a tooltip with the default values for time-related properties. I agree with you - it would be nice to change the display time in some situations. Do you think we need a new property in iGrid to control that parameter for all tooltips, or it would be better to specify custom display time for a particular tooltip? In the latter case, it could be a new parameter (say, DisplayTime) in the tooltip-related events you listed.
StephleHardi
2022-07-06T15:46:18Z
Personally, both solutions are suitable
so, choose the easiest to modify for you

Thank you very much for your listening

Igor/10Tec
2022-07-08T07:24:24Z
An interesting dilemma :)

A property is a good declarative way to specify the display time - especially if you want the same delay time for all tooltips. But if you need to set a specific display time for particular tooltips (say, in one column containing cells with long texts), you will need to add an event handler for the corresponding Request*ToolTipText event and set the property value. Note that we will need to specify the default display time too for other 'normal' cells:

if (<specific cell>)
  iGrid.ToolTipDisplayTime = <specific time>;
else
  iGrid.ToolTipDisplayTime = <default time>;

If we use the approach with the event object property, we will do this the following way:

if (<specific cell>)
  iGrid.ToolTipDisplayTime = <specific time>;

Another question is whether to have 3 separate properties for the 3 iGrid areas (cell area, footer cells, column headers). If we use approach with one iGrid property for all, then we will need to write 3 event handlers for all areas (RequestCellToolTipText, RequestColHdrToolTipText and RequestFooterCellToolTipText) because we will need to abandon the specific display time setting made for one of these areas.

What do you think?

====================
And one note regarding this:

Quote:

I noticed that the text displayed when evoking RequestCellToolTipText, RequestColHdrToolTipText or RequestFooterCellToolTipText has a duration of about 5 seconds

Even if we do not redefine the tooltip in one of these events, the default duration is still 5 seconds. Take this into account while thinking about the answer.
StephleHardi
2022-07-08T08:03:53Z
Igor, Thank you very much for your attention to suggestions

For my part, I would prefer a single display time for all tooltips because, anyway, the tooltip disappears when you leave the hovered area.

This would suffice for my own purposes but maybe other users would like a dislay time for each tooltip

Also, Igor, do what seems best to you because your choice will suit me perfectly

And thank you again for listening.

Stephane