Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Eric  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 12:51:15 PM(UTC)
Eric

Groups: Registered

Hello, Long time user of iGrid here (still using 4.6 and love it). I am trying to install this on one of my coworkers' machines. After installing the full 6.0 demo, the demo launches, the components get added to the Visual Studio Toolbox, but when you add an iGrid to a windows Form it shows up as a Non Visual control (displays down toward the bottom of the form designer where a timer or image list would show up). This has happened now on 2 different machines in our office. We do have Kaspersky security services running and thought maybe that was blocking something with a registry entry so I turned Kaspersky off, uninstalled iGrid, re-installed and still having the same problem. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
Igor/10Tec  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 12:01:59 AM(UTC)
Igor/10Tec

Groups: Administrators, Forum Moderator

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 133 post(s)
It's strange that the installer creates the toolbox icons but not register the component design-time DLL properly.

What is your version of VS? Have you tried to install iGrid.NET to a non-default location?

See also this KB post related to the design-time functionality of iGrid:

Deploying iGrid.NET v3+ for development without installing the demo

Edited by user Friday, April 19, 2019 12:02:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Igor/10Tec for this useful post.
Eric on 4/19/2019(UTC)
Eric  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 11:06:16 AM(UTC)
Eric

Groups: Registered

HI Igor, thanks for your response. We are using VS 2017 (Windows 10). The registry entry method did indeed work (I did try the private assemblies method first and it did NOT work). The installation path was @ C:\10Tec\iGrid.NET 6.0\ . I'm not a registry expert but I am assuming that Kaspersky potentially turned off permissions to some of the registry directories which remained in effect even after temporarily turning off Kaspersky (and the demo installer may not catch that). So it works now and I appreciate your help! -Eric