Imran
  • Imran
  • Member Topic Starter
2019-06-10T21:33:42Z
Apologies for asking a question that I'm certain has already been asked (possibly even by me). I could not get search to return any results from searching on "64", maybe the search string is too short.

More and more of my users are complaining about not being able to run Office 64bit while using the Access tool I created with 10tec iGrid. Short of rebuilding my custom tool using some other grid or platform, are there any workarounds that have been discovered to use iGrid in with 64bit office or to use 32 bit Access while using 64bit for the other office apps, particularly Excel.

I am beginning to consider a rewrite but thought I would ask just to confirm.

Thanks for your help.

Imran
Igor/10Tec
2019-06-11T12:14:29Z
Not a problem to answer this question one more time here.

We can't provide true 64-bit version of iGrid ActiveX for historical reasons. iGrid ActiveX is developed in Visual Basic 6. This development environment produces only 32-bit executable files. We have been trying to find a way to recompile code for 64-bit environments for years but no luck (for instance, see my post  on StackOverflow).

Actually that's a serious problem for all MS Office developers. If you are heavily using other 3rd-party components, in many cases you have no option except using the 32-bit Office. Even Microsoft recommends using the 32-bit editions of MS Office if you are developing Office apps on the VBA platform, including the case of using ActiveX controls:

Choose between the 64-bit or 32-bit version of Office