Peter Schilling
2020-01-02T09:44:14Z
Hello,
I am absolutely new to the iGrid component and what I have seen so far I like it very much.

I want to convert a 5 year old application where I used a lot of DataGridViews.

Is there a way of automatically converting the existing project and substitute all DataGridViews with the iGrid control?

This would be very nice and saves me a lot of search and replace actions..

Greetings,
Peter
Igor/10Tec
2020-01-03T08:02:27Z
Unfortunately, there is no 1:1 replacement technology for this case.

But don't forget that if you have any troubles with conversion of your app, you can always ask our technical support service.
Peter Schilling
2020-01-03T08:59:27Z
Hi Igor, thanks for your reply.

Conversion is going well but I'm still struggling with these two major issues.

1. Clipboard handling - DataGridView provided a function GetClipboardContent and I didn't find anything comparable in the iGrid control

2. Row and Column-Selection - It seems that I have to handle the Row and Column-Selection myself, is it right?

If you could please write me something about these topics I would be very connected and then I probably don't need any further help with the conversion of this project :)

Greetings,
Peter
Igor/10Tec
2020-01-06T08:05:46Z
1: You can find classes to extend the functionality of iGrid.NET in our online library of extra samples:

https://10tec.com/winforms-grid/extra-samples.aspx 

One of them is Copy Paste Manager that can help you to add the copy-paste feature to iGrid.

2: iGrid.NET does not support column selection as a built-in feature, only row selection. There is a whole section dedicated to selection in the iGrid.NET manual. Read it to find out more.