RaymondC
  • RaymondC
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2013-10-09T20:19:29Z
I just searched the help file and there are no results for the word Requery. I also looked in the Contents|Reference|iGrid Control|Methods and there is no Requery method listed.

Am I missing something? Is there no iGrid1.Requery method?
Igor/10Tec
2013-10-10T13:55:03Z
You forgot to write for all folk that you are using iGrid in MS Access VBA :)

Not all iGrid methods and properties you can see in the Object Browser or IntelliSense are implemented directly in iGrid - some of them are provided by the host environment (they are also known as ambient properties). For instance, if you drop an instance of iGrid onto a VB6 form, you'll find the WhatsThisHelpID property among all available properties. But this property isn't implemented inside iGrid OCX, it is provided by VB6 and the probability you'll find this property in other dev envs is very close to zero.

In fact, I've already answered the question: the Requery method you'll find is a specific method provided by MS Access VBA and sure there is no help topic for it in the iGrid CHM file.
RaymondC
  • RaymondC
2013-10-18T18:41:44Z
Hi Igor,

If I use the Requery method on an iGrid in Access 2010, I do not get any error but the grid's underlying recordset is not refreshed.

I am using the FillFromRS method to populate my grid. Is there any method I can use to re-run the query or do I just have to call the FillFromRS method again?

Thanks.

Ray
Igor/10Tec
2013-10-21T07:09:14Z
FillFromRS COPIES the data to the grid but does not establish a 2-way link to the specified data source (so called data binding).

I guess the Requery method provided by Access simply does nothing in this situation.

If you need to re-read your data, issue FillFromRS again.
RaymondC
  • RaymondC
2013-10-21T17:59:45Z
Sounds good, Igor. Thanks.

By the way, I'm loving this grid! It allows me to do so many things in Access I never could do before.