abraXus
  • abraXus
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2020-12-14T01:54:38Z
I have the need to create a printable report that consists of multiple iGrid controls, and each one has a very different column layout. I was wondering if I could get some guidance on how to accomplish this, if it was at all possible.

So far, the closest I was able to come was to use iGrid1.CreateGraphics to make an image for each grid, and then assemble those images into one single image that can be printed, but CreateGraphics depends on screen resolution, so I lose the ability to take advantage of the higher quality printer resolution that I need. It works, but it's not pretty.

I tried playing around with maybe putting an iGrid into the cell of another iGrid, thinking I could then print the parent iGrid, but I concluded that just was not going to work either.

Is there anything you can suggest? Even if it's some other control that would help me use my existing iGrids as objects I can arrange on a printable sheet without losing printable resolution?
Igor/10Tec
2020-12-14T15:58:36Z
Sorry, can't suggest anything useful this time.
abraXus
  • abraXus
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2020-12-16T03:32:37Z
The PrintManager works great for a single grid. How does it get that quality? It's obviously not a screenshot. I guess in a perfect world I would love to just be able to get ahold of that object it creates for the printer when it's done creating it, but I'm guessing it probably doesn't work like that.
Igor/10Tec
2020-12-16T16:55:29Z
PrintManager uses the standard technique based on the PrintDocument Class . The grid is drawn with the same GDI+ rendering code used to draw the contents on the screen. This technique allows .NET to draw crisp graphical primitives and texts on the paper using the printer dpi (600) automatically.

To know more, read the articles in the .NET documentation in the following section:

Windows Forms Print Support