RaymondC
  • RaymondC
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2013-10-04T23:18:33Z
I have a grid that is using the “group row” method of grouping. I am using the AfterAutoGroupRowCreated event to customize the values in the group rows.

This event works properly whenever a user changes the grouping using the built-in shortcuts in the header. This event also works properly whenever I change the grouping using VBA code BUT ONLY IF the form is already open.

I use the OnOpen event of the form in Access 2010 to setup and populate the grid when the form first opens. The AfterAutoGroupRowCreated event is not firing when I create grouping in the OnOpen event. This is forcing me to loop through all rows and customize the group row values as part of my OnOpen event even though this should be taken care of in the AfterAutoGroupRowCreated event.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Ray
Igor/10Tec
2013-10-07T08:26:16Z
The idea is that the problem is on the MS Access side. iGrid uses the standard way of raising COM events which works ok in other development environments, and most likely Access connects its VBA event handlers to an ActiveX after the form's initialization operations including the Open event.

There is another form initialization event, Load, and it is triggered after the Open event. Can you move your code that populates iGrid into the Load event and tell us whether it works for you?
RaymondC
  • RaymondC
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2013-10-08T15:59:59Z
The OnLoad event worked. Thank you for the suggestion.

Ray