igPombe
2019-11-12T14:25:12Z
English is not my mother tongue; please excuse any errors on my part.

I downloaded and use iGrid ActiveX Control 5.0 in VBA (* .ActiveX.Demo.zip).

Do I understand correctly user guide, then 65535 characters in a cell of the grid. However, in reality, only 255 characters can be entered.

Is the limit adjustable?
I tried this, but nothing happened ("iGrid5" is the name of the grid):
Private Sub iGrid5_RequestEdit(ByVal lRow As Long, ByVal lCol As Long, ByVal lCharCode As Long, bCancel As Boolean, sText As String, lMaxLength As Long, eTextEditOpt As iGrid500_10Tec.ETextEditFlags)

lMaxLength = 65535

Is this restriction not included in the purchased version?

Maybe there is no such restriction in newer versions?

I would like to thank you in advance for your support.
Igor/10Tec
2019-11-12T16:29:12Z
First of all, we recommend that you download and evaluate only the latest version of the control. The latest version of iGrid is v7.0.

The demo version has no functional limitations.

Earlier versions of iGrid used the ANSI edit control to edit iGrid cells. That control may have its limitations, such as the number of entered characters. However, it is definitely greater than 255. It should allow entering at least 32'000 characters.

The lMaxLength parameter of the RequestEdit event cannot be used to increase the maximal amount of characters the edit control allows you to enter. It can be used only to decrease this value.

Can you tell us, what language are you using in iGrid? And does your problem occur only in one grid or in any iGrid (in the demo, etc.)?
igPombe
2019-11-12T21:31:59Z
Many thanks for the prompt reply.

I’am using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) for Office (Excel).

I downloaded the latest version (iGrid) and created a new grid and the error did not occur.
I went back to the old version and created a new grid there too, and the bug also didn't occur.

One cell if grid in my program has a combo box on it, and the third fields of the combo box contains many characters. I removed the combo box and then the cell was filled with many characters.

I'm sorry! I think I was misleading you. So there is a problem with the combo box?

Tomorrow I'll try the combo box in the new iGrid version.

Thank you very much for the advice so far.
Igor/10Tec
2019-11-13T06:44:56Z
I need a sample to reproduce the problem. Can you send us one?
igPombe
2019-11-13T18:11:03Z
OK. I found the bug. :)

I'm using a MySql database and created a new field in it.
The field's data type was "text", but my program did not yet know this data type, so it set the lMaxLength parameter of the RequestEdit to 255.

I wrote this module a long time ago, and I forgot about it.

So not iGrid was bad, not my program, but me.

Your suggestion helped me a lot in the investigation, and thanks again for your help.