enjoyit
2016-03-24T12:17:27Z
Hi,

if I resize my columns with the mouse there is a strange behavior:

It happens when the horizontal scrollbar reaches the right end of the iGrid-Object and you are shrinking a column. If you click on the gap between two columns and move the mouse a little bit to the left side and stop, the shrinking will go on...

I hope it is understandable for you.

regards...
Igor/10Tec
2016-03-25T06:58:11Z
We know this effect. It is related to the scroll bar settings changed accordingly while you are resizing a column. This may be a general problem for other grids that allow the user to resize columns and see the effect immediately. For instance, you can reproduce something similar in the Windows Explorer in the file pane in the details view.

In a nutshell, when you shrink a column, the maximum scroll bar value and its current value (the position) are decreased too. This causes the horizontal scrolling on the screen. The MS Header control we use as the iGrid header "thinks" that the mouse pointer has been moved, and this causes the next column resizing event, and so on.

If this behavior annoys you a lot, let us know. Perhaps, we will find a workaround for this.
enjoyit
2016-03-29T03:08:14Z
Thank you for your reply!

It would be nice if there is a little workaround for this behavior. Maybe a check if the scrollbar is in maximum position and a column shrinking then no immediate show of the result while pressing the mouse button.

I hope there is an easy solution.

regards...
Igor/10Tec
2016-03-29T15:05:53Z
I already tried to find a workaround several years ago, but could not find a good one. The problem is that we use the Microsoft header control as the iGrid header to have the OS look-and-feel, but in many cases this control plays its own game we can't change a lot (including the column resizing case).

In any case, I will try to find a solution once more. Give me some days for that. I'll post the results of my tries here.
Igor/10Tec
2016-04-04T08:53:37Z
Just a notification about the progress. I was playing with various strategies of processing of the HDN_TRACK message in the MS Header control we use as the base control for the iGrid header. I've managed to overcome this auto-collapse effect, but the work is not finished yet. What I do not like is how this process is finished.

Let me some more days to work on this problem. In fact, it is a very hard task as I need to integrate into this process all features of iGrid like immediate column resizing, etc.
enjoyit
2016-04-04T23:30:44Z
Originally Posted by: Igor/10Tec 

Just a notification about the progress. I was playing with various strategies of processing of the HDN_TRACK message in the MS Header control we use as the base control for the iGrid header. I've managed to overcome this auto-collapse effect, but the work is not finished yet. What I do not like is how this process is finished.

Let me some more days to work on this problem. In fact, it is a very hard task as I need to integrate into this process all features of iGrid like immediate column resizing, etc.

Hi Igor,

thank you for your progress report! I know you can do it, even it is hard! 🙂
Igor/10Tec
2016-04-05T08:29:56Z
Don't idealize me ;)

But it seems I have managed to overcome this problem too. Check your mailbox. It should contain the link to the new build of iGrid with this problem fixed. Try it and tell us whether the problem has been really fixed.
enjoyit
2016-04-05T08:39:15Z
Originally Posted by: Igor/10Tec 

Don't idealize me ;)

But it seems I have managed to overcome this problem too. Check your mailbox. It should contain the link to the new build of iGrid with this problem fixed. Try it and tell us whether the problem has been really fixed.

Hi, currently I am on holiday.

I will check it as soon I am back at my office.

Nevertheless, thank you! 😃
Igor/10Tec
2016-04-05T13:57:33Z
When can we expect this event?
enjoyit
2016-04-11T08:02:39Z
Problem is fixed with the new version! 🙂