OzzyMiner
2012-10-17T01:03:15Z
Folks, as a newbie to this fantastic control I'm not sure if I am overthinking this or not. I need to create a hierarchy from a Parent/Child dataset. I can do this successfully with the normal treeview control but am having real difficulty in preparing the data for loading into a Tree Grid. The problem is how to arrange the relationships into a single column so I can populate Tree Grid. I can load if I manually arrange the data set but cannot automate the sorting process. I do have a sample workbook (Excel 2010) that shows where I am upto.
Been racking my brains for a couple of days now ... Any advice greatly appreciated :)
OzzyMiner
Igor/10Tec
2012-10-17T07:04:11Z
Ozzy, you can simply send us your workbook to our email support address, and we'll give you some coding techniques you can use to implement your task.

In the general case you should use the TreeCol property to specify the column which will show the tree structure (most likely, it is the 1st col), and use the RowLevel property to specify whether it is a parent (0) or a child (1) row.

Find also the 'Tree Grid: General Concept' topic in the Tree Grid section in the Programmer's Guide. It contains a good and comprehensive description of the tree creation process in iGrid.
OzzyMiner
2012-10-17T08:28:20Z
Originally Posted by: Igor/10Tec 

Ozzy, you can simply send us your workbook to our email support address, and we'll give you some coding techniques you can use to implement your task.

In the general case you should use the TreeCol property to specify the column which will show the tree structure (most likely, it is the 1st col), and use the RowLevel property to specify whether it is a parent (0) or a child (1) row.

Find also the 'Tree Grid: General Concept' topic in the Tree Grid section in the Programmer's Guide. It contains a good and comprehensive description of the tree creation process in iGrid.

Igor, Thanks for the offer of support. I will send an email as request with the issue.
I have looked over everything I can find, from what I can see the concepts and help files all seem to add nodes at the bottom of the Tree Grid, my problem is not have a fully structure hierarchy list that allows bottom row insertion - the work book will explain more. I also need to creat a single structure from a parent child relationship as the book shows.
Thanks Agan
OzzyMiner