csailor
2013-10-25T18:53:53Z
I'm interested in purchasing your iGrid.NET component and I've downloaded the demo and looked at the code, but I'm not sure how to pull off setting up a grid grouping that looks like the image below. In looking at your Styling.cs example I see how to add the items, but I'm not sure how to format the parent rows data so it will match up with the children of that parent row. Can you provide a modified Styling.cs file that will create the grid in the picture I've attached?
csailor attached the following image(s):
Igor/10Tec
2013-10-26T07:46:31Z
To tell you the truth, I do not understand why you are talking about the Styling iGrid.NET sample (Styling.cs) if you need to implement special cell borders, cell links, etc. Styling.cs demonstrates how to use an external library which implements some cool graphic effects together with iGrid's IiGControlPaint interface to COLORIZE the standard iGrid items, such as group row and column headers. But it won't help you to implement cell links and other non-standard row formatting like on your screenshot.

Perhaps, I did not understand the question. Can you explain in details what you expect to see from the modified Styling.cs?
csailor
2013-10-26T14:21:52Z
Thanks for the response... I'm sorry if I confused you on this subject. I understand that Styling.cs is an example of how you can modify the color scheme of the grid. I was only using the grid itself as an example of what I was trying to accomplish.

My question is how do I go about using iGrid.NET to create a grid in the image that I've included in this post. Forget colors and style. I just want to create a grid that has parents with several children records that are associated with it that can be expanded or collapsed and are editable.

Thanks!
Igor/10Tec
2013-10-28T08:52:03Z
Ok, not it's more clear. To discuss it, let's number the rows of the grid on the screenshot from 0 to 11. I'll try to describe how I understand what I see on the picture. Confirm it, please, so we all will know that we are talking about the same things.

Well, if we get the task right, the general idea of this grid is to have a 2-level grid, i.e. parent-child relationship without deep row hierarchy. Row #1 looks like usual column headers for the parent rows (row ## 2, 9-11).

However, if we look at rows ## 3-7, we see that they have a different column set. What is important for iGrid, it's different from the parent row structure. Unfortunately, this grid structure is also called "nested gird", isn't supported by iGrid. In iGrid, you can create a so called tree-grid (or multi-column treeview) enough easily, but it implies you have the same column structure in rows of all hierarchy levels.

Another option could be to use the iGrid group rows for your parent rows if you need just to display fields in them. As I can judge from the screenshot, there should be no way to resize the fields in rows 2 or 9 interactively, and their contents can be drawn without any problems using standard GDI+ methods. If we go this way, we could use the iGrid column headers for the child rows.

As I understand from the picture, the fields in gray rectangles should be editable. My idea with using group rows for your parent rows will work in this case too. The only problem in this case would be the Qty Received field I see in the group rows. It seems, we will need to implement a special interface solution (an additional button, hyperlink, etc) to edit it in a separate dialog.

The only row we have not talked about is row #8. To "build in" two buttons inside such a row (most likely, we will need to use a group row for that too), we will need custom draw code + code that processes mouse clicks on this buttons.

In general, something similar to the grid you need can be eventually implemented with iGrid.NET. But as I see, this may require a big amount of development from our side (building a prototype, adjusting them, polishing the functionality, etc) and we can discuss the possibility of doing that on contract basis in private correspondence.