Oliver
  • Oliver
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2014-06-03T13:09:59Z
When I set .SelectionAlphaBlend = 128 and .KeyPressBehaviour = igKeyPressSearchCurCol the grid does the incremental search in that column. Works fine. The only problem in this case ist that the selection the the incremental search displays in the cell contents is barely visible. Searching for longer String in this way is impossible because you cannot see what part has already matched.

It works fine when I set .SelectionAlphaBlend to 255 and it nicely shows the Backgroundcolor of the Cell. Any other .SelectionAlphaBlend value results in the text-selection not being shown clearly. Can I do something to show this more clearly? I experimented with various colors, but had little to no success.
Igor/10Tec
2014-06-03T14:49:57Z
The same selection color is used to highlight selected cells and incremental search results. If you change SelectionAlphaBlend, you affect both parts.

The only workaround that came into my mind by this moment is to set SelectionAlphaBlend temporarily to 255 when the user starts typing to do incremental search and then back to the required value when incremental search has completed. Obviously, you can do that in key processing related events events like KeyPress. The hardest part of this work is to process all keys which change the search string (among them ESCAPE, BACKSPACE, etc).
Oliver
  • Oliver
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
2014-06-04T14:28:45Z
Originally Posted by: Igor/10Tec 

The same selection color is used to highlight selected cells and incremental search results. If you change SelectionAlphaBlend, you affect both parts.

The only workaround that came into my mind by this moment is to set SelectionAlphaBlend temporarily to 255 when the user starts typing to do incremental search and then back to the required value when incremental search has completed. Obviously, you can do that in key processing related events events like KeyPress. The hardest part of this work is to process all keys which change the search string (among them ESCAPE, BACKSPACE, etc).

I don't think we are talking about the same thing:
First, I select a cell in the grid to mark the column I want to search in. That cell gets highlighted with the selection color.
When I start typing, the incremental search moves the selection to the cell it find the text in, again with the selection color. But it also highlights the few letters i actually typed with white, so I can see the cell selection and the search-sub-string inside the selected cell.

Now I apply aplha-blending and do the same thing. What changes for me, is that the highlighting of the search-sub-string inside the cell is no longer visible.

The "white" backgroundcolor of the sub-string-display should be painted over the alpha-blended selected cell, just like it is when alpha-blending is off, it currently looks like it's painted below and gets overdrawn by the alpha-blended selection backcolor.

I actually thought about your workaround to change the alpha-blending on incremental search, but it seems difficult to catch that case correctly and especially change it back when no longer needed.

Regards,
Oliver