dhaverstick
2015-07-23T18:52:19Z
I am new to the IGrid control so excuse me if the issue I have has already been addressed.

I write a lot of automation routines that are used inside of various Autodesk CAD products and BlueCielo's Meridian document management suite. These routines are compiled into DLL's that the software packages reference. In one of these routines, I need to use an IGrid control on a form. But for some reason, that form will not even load if that control is on it. If I remove the control then everything works fine. If I build an .exe project with the same form containing the IGrid control, all is good. It's only when I try to use the control inside of a DLL project that I experience this problem.

Can anyone give me suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Darren
Igor/10Tec
2015-07-24T06:01:03Z
Originally Posted by: dhaverstick 

But for some reason, that form will not even load if that control is on it. If I remove the control then everything works fine.

Are you talking about opening a form with the iGrid.NET control in your IDE at design time? iGrid consists of 2 parts: one of it is the core DLL that works in compiled exe's, the other one is the design-time functionality DLL. The latter should be registered in the system properly so your IDE can find it. At least, that's true for Visual Studio.

Read this forum thread for more info:

Deploying iGrid.NET v3+ for development without installing the demo 
dhaverstick
2015-07-24T12:01:18Z
Igor,

The problem happens both at design time and with the compiled dll. The control works fine with any compiled .exe I've made but not so much with compiled dll's.

Darren