creative4case
2014-05-23T10:16:41Z
Hi to all.
I would like to ask to the community a question about an issue using iGrid in a VB .NET windows form project.
I've got 2 grid:
1) The first has got just one colum with different rows
2) The second is empty with the same number of columns and rows ( with blank inside)
I would like to control if the user inserts a row twice in the second grid.
Ex:
Grid 1
Element -> 105

I drag it into the second grid (copy the value)

Grid 2
Element -> 105

I would like to block the element 105 into the first grid to don't allow to the user to drag it twice to the second grid
and create a duplicated record

Grid 2
Element -> 105
Element -> 105

I hope I made myself clear
Thanks to all

Igor/10Tec
2014-05-26T14:35:21Z
iGrid.NET itself does not provide you with a built-in implementation of the drag-n-drop functionality. Most likely, you are using one of custom implementation from our Extra Samples library or something else. Can you tell us what code you are using?

Most likely, the used implementation is based on the iGrid StartDragCell event. In most cases the drag operation is initiated from it. If so, you can check your condition in that event handler and do not start dragging if it is not needed (simply do not call such methods as DoDragDrop).
creative4case
2014-05-27T12:10:45Z
Hi, these are the methods inside the code.
They are the same that you can find inside the 10Tec's Drag&Drop sample effect.

Private Shared Sub grid_CellMouseDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As iGCellMouseDownEventArgs)

Private Shared Sub grid_CellMouseMove(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As iGCellMouseMoveEventArgs)

Private Shared Sub grid_CellMouseUp(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As iGCellMouseUpEventArgs)

Private Shared Sub grid_CellMouseLeave(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As iGCellMouseEnterLeaveEventArgs)

Private Shared Sub grid_DragOver(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DragEventArgs)

Private Shared Sub grid_DragDrop(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DragEventArgs)

Private Shared Sub grid_DragLeave(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)

The code is in a separated class, it isn't in the Mainform.
Igor/10Tec
2014-05-27T15:22:23Z
So you are using the Drag-n-Drop sample from the Extra Sample Lib.

In this implementation the drag operation is initiated in the grid_CellMouseMove event handler. You need to check whether the item the user is about to drag exists in the 2nd grid, and if so, do not call the DoDragDrop method.

In the general case, the drag operation is started when the DoDragDrop method is called, so you should find this method in any drag-n-drop implementation for tasks like this.
creative4case
2014-05-27T15:29:09Z
Thank you very much, I will try soon....