ali hassan
2015-07-15T16:01:37Z
I have database in MS Access 2010 and my requirement are using that database on MS Access Forms with ActiveX iGrid, Because our requirement are given below.

Our Requirements are,
1. Change the color of cell based on condition.
2. Change the color of whole row based on any condition.
3. Sum of TWO columns show to the next column etc.

We can set all the rows and columns based on conditions/values are set by Programmatically.

Igor/10Tec
2015-07-16T07:29:59Z
Ali, where is your question? Do you need to know how to use iGrid ActiveX on MS Access forms? The demo installation of iGrid contains a set of VBA samples for iGrid (including MS Access), and a starter guide for MS Office VBA. Install the demo to get this stuff.
ali hassan
2015-07-16T10:05:41Z
yes kindly show me the iGrid ActiveX documentations for MS Access using VBA.
ali hassan
2015-07-16T10:07:01Z
Is iGrid 3rd party control draw a specific number of column and specific number of rows and then put the data in each cell by using the column index in loop at Runtime on MS Access Form load?

Our requirements is Create a fix number of columns (for exp, 5 Columns) and fix number of rows (for exp, 20 Rows) in Grid and then put the data using index of the columns in loop at Runtime in MS Access 2010 forms.

Is iGrid ActiveX control fulfill our requirements by using MS Access 2010?
Igor/10Tec
2015-07-16T15:17:04Z
Originally Posted by: ali hassan 

yes kindly show me the iGrid ActiveX documentations for MS Access using VBA.

As I said, download and install the latest demo for that. The latest demo can be always found in our Download  section.

The demo installation package also contains the full help file in the CHM format, which is also available for downloading as a standalone file on the same Download page.

Originally Posted by: ali hassan 

Our requirements is Create a fix number of columns (for exp, 5 Columns) and fix number of rows (for exp, 20 Rows) in Grid and then put the data using index of the columns in loop at Runtime in MS Access 2010 forms.

This is exactly the purpose iGrid was designed for ;)

Below are two screenshots from the iGrid help file that describe this process:

iGrid CHM - Populating Sample.png iGrid CHM - Populating Grid.png
ali hassan
2015-07-21T18:13:55Z
For the Testing/Development purpose.

How to install iGrid ActiveX in MS Access 2010? After installation where we find iGrid control in MS Access?

I have already install "iGrid.ActiveX.Demo" 5.0 and see the programming guide as you had mentioned above.

Thanks.
Igor/10Tec
2015-07-22T07:01:15Z
When you installed the iGrid ActiveX demo, the control was registered in the Windows registry automatically. All what you need to do in MS Access is to select it from the list of available ActiveX controls. Below is a step-by-step instruction.

1. Click the More button in the list of available form controls (look at the mouse pointer):

Add iGrid to MS Access Form (1).png

2. Select the ActiveX Controls item:

Add iGrid to MS Access Form (2).png

3. Then select the 10Tec iGrid ActiveX control in the list of available ActiveX controls:

Add iGrid to MS Access Form (3).png
ali hassan
2015-07-22T10:34:08Z
Thanks

Is it possible to assign "Data Source" to iGrid in MS Access form?

How we change the BackcColor of particular column by using row number and column number?

RaymondC
2015-07-29T17:49:20Z
ali,

Everything you are asking for (and much more) is possible with iGrid in Access 2010. I know this because I am doing it in my Access 2010 project.

You have to read the documentation. I spent time reading the help file when I first started using iGrid and it helped a lot!

To answer your last questions...

You can populate the grid from a recordset with the .FillFromRS method (detailed instructions in the help files) or you can populate the cells one-by-one with the .CellValue property. You cannot "bind" an iGrid to a data source. You have to populate it via code using one of the two ways described.

Look up the CellBackColor Property in the help file.

Good luck!

Ray
ali hassan
2015-08-17T14:40:31Z
Thanks for the Reply @Ray.

got it.

I am working on project this was build in MS Felix grid and now we are converting that code into iGrid control.

I want to need some to clear some MS Felix grid properties Vs iGrid properties.

in MS Felix Grid used below properties i want these in Igrid

1. Rows

2. Cols

3. Row

4. Col

5. RowSel

6. ColSel

I want to these properties in Igrid?

Igor/10Tec
2015-08-18T07:01:14Z
Ali, Raymond gave you the correct advice that you need to read the help file for iGrid that describes all main concepts of the control. At least, its introductory part for the programmer. Then you will understand how to translate your MSFlexGrid code to the equivalent code for iGrid.

Flexgrid's Rows and Cols properties are RowCount and ColCount in iGrid. Row and Col can be coded as CurRow and CurCol.

As for RowSel/ColSel, iGrid uses multiselection mode (see the MultiSelect property) in which any arbitrary cell can be selected using the CellSelected property. The SelItems property returns the list of cells selected at the moment.
ali hassan
2015-08-18T13:18:56Z
How we Frozen Row in Igrid ? I want to Freeze first 3 rows just like frozenCols. Is is possible in Igrid?
Igor/10Tec
2015-08-18T15:03:49Z
The current version of iGrid ActiveX does not support this feature.
ali hassan
2015-08-18T16:02:52Z
Thanks for Quick Reply

Can we set the whole "Row Background Color" how it is possible?

Also can we set the "Header Background color" using Igrid active X control?

I really Appropriate your help.

Thanks
ali hassan
2015-08-18T16:25:14Z
Header "ForeColor" is changed but "BackColor" of header is not working. what is missing for "Header" "Backcolor"?

My Code is below.

With mainGrid.Header
.BackColor = vbGreen 'Not Working
.ForeColor = vbMagenta 'working fine
End With

We did not find any property to set the whole row background color.

Thanks
RaymondC
2015-08-18T16:51:31Z
You have to set UseXPStyles to false before the BackColor will work.

With mainGrid.Header
.UseXPStyles = False
.BackColor = vbGreen
.ForeColor = vbMagenta
End With
ali hassan
2015-08-18T16:58:55Z
Thanks for the reply

I really really Appropriate your help

Thanks

Next question is..

Is any way to set the background color of whole row? We did not find any property to set the whole row background color.

Thanks Again.. 🙂
RaymondC
2015-08-18T17:05:43Z
I believe the only way to do that is to iterate through the columns and set the individual cell's CellBackColor property.
ali hassan
2015-08-18T17:11:56Z
Thanks got it.

Is any way to set the each Header background color?

Example:

Heading 1 "Name" background color "Red"

Heading 2 "Phone#" background color "green"

Heading 3 "Location" Background color "Back"

etc...

Thanks. 🙂
RaymondC
2015-08-18T17:30:17Z
I don't think that is possible but I am not certain.

However you can use icons in the headers and you can also set a header with no text; therefore you could create a small icon image that has the background color and text you want. I'm not sure if that would work but it might be worth a try.